The mission of Project Homeless Connect (PHC) is to provide a single location where Health and Social Service Providers collaborate to serve individuals and families experiencing homelessness or that are at-risk of becoming homelessness with comprehensive, holistic, and immediate services. PHC is open to all families and individuals looking to overcome their barriers to stable housing. In past years popular services have included: haircuts, photo ID's, dental care, veterinary care, housing services, clothing, and wonderful lunch.
Skagit Project Homeless Connect would not be possible without the support of dedicated community volunteers that help plan and staff the event. Last year, 60 community groups, nonprofits, and health & government organizations came together to connect 377 guests representing households that include 975 individuals (576 adults & 399 youth) to services in Skagit County.
1. Improve access to services for families and individuals experiencing homelessness in Skagit County.
2. Engage with and maintain an active, involved volunteer base that consists of local businesses, non-profits, and individual
community members all working together to end homelessness.
3. Improve the system of care through collaboration and the sharing of best practices among Skagit County's service provider
4. Partner with the private sector, corporations, and foundations to expand service capacity and funds.
5. Increase understanding and empathy for people experiencing poverty and homelessness.
Hospitality: We treat people as guests
Immediacy: We provide same-day results for our guests
Community: We encourage and support voluntary civic engagement
Partnership: We work across agencies and sectors
Excellence: We perform rigorous evaluation and strive for improvement of each event