Eviction Prevention

Summary of Program

The Skagit County Rental Assistance Program provides emergency financial assistance for rent and utilities to income-eligible Skagit County renters and their landlords.

Landlords and Tenants now have the following options to apply:

Skagit County Portal: Visit the Skagit County Emergency Rental Assistance Portal at skagitcounty.net/renthelp to get pre-approved for assistance and matched with a provider or complete an application online upon pre-approval.

Apply through Community Action:
By Phone: Phone lines are open 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Monday to schedule appointments to determine eligibility, 360 416-7588. All appointments are being scheduled weekly. At this time, Community Action of Skagit County is not accepting waitlist applications due to limited funding. Households that have already applied to be on our waitlist will continue to be served.  

As of July 1st we will no longer be accepting calls through this number. If you need have a notice to vacate or have been issued another type of notice please call our Coordinated Entry phone line at (360) 416-7585.

Tenant Eligibility

Tenants must meet both of the following criteria requirements:

  1.  Current Income (average over last 60 days or income from calendar year 2020) at or below 80% of Area Median Income (view chart).
  2. Have a missed/past due rent payment not paid or partially unpaid since March 1, 2020 and still occupying the residence.

Eligibility is based on the following information:

  • Tenant Application
  • Landlord Payment Agreement Form
  • W-9 for payment
  • Tenant Income Documentation

* If applying for Utility assistance, the Eviction Prevention Program may be able to pay for electricity, gas, water & sewer, trash, and internet.

Household Size  80% AMI  50% AMI 
1 $46,100 $28,850
2 $52,650 $32,950
3 $59,250 $37,050
4 $65,800 $41,150
5 $71,100 $44,450
6 $76,350 $47,750
7 $81,600 $51,050
8 $86,900 $54,350

Documentation Needed

The following documents may be used to verify the above eligibility:

Proof of income, which can include pay stubs, W-2’s or other wage statements, 2020 tax filings, or bank statements demonstrating regular income. If you have no income you can complete a certification of no income in the application.

Proof of past due utility bills, which can include electricity, gas, water and sewer, trash removal and energy costs, such as fuel oil or wood for heating. Internet is considered a utility for the purposes of this program.

Questions / Preguntas

For questions, please call Community Action at (360) 416-7588 or email EPAssistance@communityactionskagit.org.

Para preguntas, por favor llame a Community Action a (360) 416-7588 or mándemos un correo electrónico a EPAssistance@communityactionskagit.org.

Resources for Homeowners