The new Working Families Tax Credit (WFTC) will provide $1,200 cash back into the pockets of Washington workers trying to make ends meet. Beginning in February 2023 individuals with and without children and people that file their taxes with a Social Security Number (SSN) or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) will be able to claim this money.

Who is Eligible?

  • Applications open February 1, 2023 for the 2022 tax year and are accepted through December 31, 2023. Individuals and families are eligible for the WFTC if they meet all of the following requirements:
  • Have a valid Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
  • Lived in Washington a minimum of 183 days in 2022 (over half the year). See the Department of Revenue’s (DOR) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about residency to learn more.
  • Are at least 25 and under 65 years of age OR have a qualifying child in 2022.
  • Filed a 2022 federal tax return.
  • Eligible to claim the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) on their 2022 tax return (or would meet the requirements for EITC but are filing with an ITIN). Go to to learn more.
  • The credit amount varies depending on the number of qualifying children and income level.

                                                                                  Applicant must make less than the following

Number of qualifying children Single Married
(filing jointly)
Maximum credit amount
0 $16,480 $22,610 $300
1 $43,492 $49,622 $600
2 $49,399 $55,529 $900
3 $53,057 $59,187 $1,200

How Do I Apply?

Click here for more information.

Contact Information:

Contact the WA Department of Revenue with Questions:

Call to Action

If you are interested in helping people apply for this tax credit, please contact or (360) 588-5753. This is not tax assistance, but help navigation an online WFTC application.

Spread the word to your friends, families, and colleagues about this tax help opportunity. See below to download and distribute.

English Flyer

Español Folleto

Free Tax Help

Free tax filing assistance will be available at locations around Skagit County. Volunteers may not be able to help immediately with WFTC application, but will be able to provide information. See AARP Tax Sites below:


  • For appointments call (360) 755-0102
  • Visit in person Tuesday & Thursday 9am – 3pm at Burlington Senior Center, 1011 Greenleaf Ave.


  • For appointments call (360) 853-7667
  • Visit in person Wednesday 10am – 2pm at East County Resource Center, 45770 W Main St.

Mount Vernon

  • For appointments call (360) 474-7828
  • Visit in person Mondays & Wednesdays 3pm – 7pm at Mount Vernon Senior Center, 1401 Cleveland Ave.
  • Asistencia en Español

General Tax Questions

  • For questions please call (360) 386-5801
  • Leave a voicemail with your name, phone number and question, someone will call you back.


Whether you want to improve your English skills, gain citizenship, or prepare for the GED or upcoming college classes, we have classes that will help you reach your goals.


If you’re looking for a way to increase your income through finding a job, building your résumé, or nailing the interview, we have resources to put yourself on the path you want.

Questions / Preguntas

For questions, please call Community Action at 360-588-5734.
Para preguntas, por favor llame a Community Action a 360-588-5735.