Updated: November 23, 2021
You can make a difference in hard-hit East County, and throughout Skagit! We will update this list daily until the emergency passes. If you have updates about additional resources, please send to: VolunteerCenter@CommunityActionSkagit.org.
- Emergency Red Cross Shelter at the Hamilton First Baptist Church, 797 Hamilton Cemetery Rd, Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284
- Friendship House Women & Children’s Shelter, please call (360) 336-2418
- Friendship House Men’s Shelter, please call (360) 336-2135
If you have questions or are not sure where to go, please contact Skagit County Department of Emergency Management at (360) 416-1892.
Critical Needs donations: Our Community Resource Center, Skagit Vets Connect, and East County Resource Center help people without homes and at 150% of Federal Poverty Level meet basic needs every day — AND during the emergency response and recovery. We need financial donations to buy clothes, boots, shoes, coats, sweaters, scarves, tents, towels, tarps, sleeping bags, gloves and other items for people who lost everything in the flood. During the emergency we also continue to provide bus tickets across the state for opioid recovery programs, and other “Hurdle Busters” to help people on their journey out of homelessness. You can make a financial donation to Critical Needs at www.communityactionskagit.org/donate.
Skagit Food Distribution Center: Community Action runs the hub for the majority of food going out through all Skagit food banks and meal programs, a total of 19 food banks in three counties. You can make a financial donation to the Skagit Food Distribution Center at www.communityactionskagit.org/donate.
East County Resource Center and Concrete Community Center:
- The East County Resource Center is helping connect upriver residents with information, supplies and referrals.
- The Concrete Community Center Meal program provides lunch Monday-Friday from 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
- Donations can be made to Critical Needs, which also serves East County: www.communityactionskagit.org/donate.
No in-kind donations at this time: Please note that Community Action is NOT able to accept unsolicited donations of items at this time. Please DO NOT LEAVE items at our offices.
- THE BEST WAY TO HELP IS BY MAKING A FINANCIAL DONATION TO CRITICAL NEEDS AND IS THE FASTEST WAY TO GET HELP TO PEOPLE NOW!! We use these flexible funds to provide vouchers for people to get what they need at local stores, or we purchase new items for our Street Outreach Team to give to neighbors who live outdoors. Our staff are working hard to help people, and we don’t have time to sort through acceptable and unacceptable items. For more information about future donation drives when we have capacity to accept them, email: VolunteerCenter@CommunityActionSkagit.org.