Flood Response

Updated: November 23, 2021

You can make a difference in hard-hit East County, and throughout Skagit! We will update this list daily until the emergency passes. If you have updates about additional resources, please send to: VolunteerCenter@CommunityActionSkagit.org.

Emergency Shelter

  • Emergency Red Cross Shelter at the Hamilton First Baptist Church, 797 Hamilton Cemetery Rd, Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284
  • Friendship House Women & Children’s Shelter, please call (360) 336-2418
  • Friendship House Men’s Shelter, please call (360) 336-2135

If you have questions or are not sure where to go, please contact Skagit County Department of Emergency Management at (360) 416-1892.


Critical Needs Vouchers are available for people that are 200% or less of the Federal Poverty level (view graph). You must have an ID to qualify. If you lost your ID in the flood, we are able to work with you to get a new one. Vouchers will need to be picked up at in the office.

  • If you live in East County, please visit or contact Community Action’s East County Resource Center: (360) 416-1733
  • If you live in Skagit County, please visit or contact Community Action’s Mount Vernon Office: (360) 416-7585

DCAP (Disaster Cash Assistance) is an emergency cash assistance program is available to people affected by severe weather events who are not eligible for other cash assistance programs. Unlike Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or TANF, people without children and who are not pregnant may be eligible as well as families who meet the income and resource limits of the program.

To apply online visit WashingtonConnection.org and then call the Customer Service Contact Center at 877-501-2233 to complete the required interview. People can also call 877-501-2233 to complete the entire application process over the phone.

The Skagit County Department of Emergency Management (DEM) is collecting information from Skagit County residents and businesses on damage, including losses, suffered during the flooding event of November 2021. If your Skagit County home or business sustained damage as a result of this flooding event, you may be eligible for federal disaster assistance as you begin to clean up. Even if you have suffered only minor damage and do not expect to need assistance, please submit a report. Reports are due no later than Friday, December 3, 2021. Complete a damage report form online: www.skagitcounty.net/Departments/EmergencyInformation/main.htm

Have you lost food due to the recent flooding or power outages? DSHS can replace food benefits in a natural disaster. If you lost food purchased with Basic Food benefits, call the Customer Service Contact Center at (877) 501-2233 within 10 days of the loss. DSHS will verify the disaster and, if verified, can replace benefits for the food destroyed up to the amount of your monthly allotment.

If you need Financial help or resources for home repair call the National Red Cross Dispatch Line at 1-800-733-2767.

Children’s Clothing- Cornwall Church Skagit

Cornwall Skagit has a closet full of clothes for kids, newborn to 5T. If you had to evacuate your home quickly and are in need of clothes you can stop by Cornwall Church Skagit.

  • Open hours: Monday through Thursday 9 AM- 2 PM
  • Address: 830 N 16th Street, Mount Vernon 98273
  • Email: zachl@cornwallchurch.com

Community Action of Skagit County

Critical Needs donations: Our Community Resource Center, Skagit Vets Connect, and East County Resource Center help people without homes and at 150% of Federal Poverty Level meet basic needs every day — AND during the emergency response and recovery. We need financial donations to buy clothes, boots, shoes, coats, sweaters, scarves, tents, towels, tarps, sleeping bags, gloves and other items for people who lost everything in the flood. During the emergency we also continue to provide bus tickets across the state for opioid recovery programs, and other “Hurdle Busters” to help people on their journey out of homelessness. You can make a financial donation to Critical Needs at www.communityactionskagit.org/donate.

Skagit Food Distribution Center: Community Action runs the hub for the majority of food going out through all Skagit food banks and meal programs, a total of 19 food banks in three counties. You can make a financial donation to the Skagit Food Distribution Center at www.communityactionskagit.org/donate.

East County Resource Center and Concrete Community Center:

  • The East County Resource Center is helping connect upriver residents with information, supplies and referrals.
  • The Concrete Community Center Meal program provides lunch Monday-Friday from 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
  • Donations can be made to Critical Needs, which also serves East County: www.communityactionskagit.org/donate.

No in-kind donations at this time: Please note that Community Action is NOT able to accept unsolicited donations of items at this time. Please DO NOT LEAVE items at our offices.

  • THE BEST WAY TO HELP IS BY MAKING A FINANCIAL DONATION TO CRITICAL NEEDS AND IS THE FASTEST WAY TO GET HELP TO PEOPLE NOW!! We use these flexible funds to provide vouchers for people to get what they need at local stores, or we purchase new items for our Street Outreach Team to give to neighbors who live outdoors. Our staff are working hard to help people, and we don’t have time to sort through acceptable and unacceptable items. For more information about future donation drives when we have capacity to accept them, email: VolunteerCenter@CommunityActionSkagit.org.