Virtual Legal Workshops
Financially eligible applicants will be scheduled for an upcoming FREE Virtual Workshop where immigrations attorneys will review the DACA guidance and explain how to complete the necessary forms. All registrants will be provided additional resources about financial assistance and necessary documents to support an application or renewal.
Workshop 1: Detailed DACA overview and form explanation by an immigration attorney followed by brief one-on-one Q&A sessions in virtual breakout rooms.
Workshop 2: Optional follow up virtual appointment where volunteer attorneys review DACA applications for completeness prior to submitting the application yourself
Workshop Security: Only pre-registered applicants will receive meeting credentials. Additional information about security measures will be provided after successfully registering for the Workshops.
Who We Serve: Students, farmworkers, or anyone in Skagit or San Juan County who otherwise meets income eligibility requirements and who can answer YES to the following:
Age 15 or Older on Date of Application (unless Prior Removal Proceedings);
- Entered U.S. before age 16 and on/before June 15, 2007;
- Born on/after June 15, 1981;
- Physically Present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012;
- Continued Physical Presence between August 15, 2012 and the Present;
- Residence Established in the U.S. on/before June 15, 2007 to the Present (No Deportations or Removals between June 15, 2007 and the Present);
- In School (Elementary through High School or GED Program) OR Completed High School or GED OR Military or Coast Guard Program;
- No Disqualifying Issues – No Felonies or Significant Misdemeanors, DUI, Gang Affiliations.
– Workshop 1: COMING SOON
– Workshop 2: COMING SOON
How to Apply: Online HERE. (Preferred Method) – Review or watch video for easy step-by-step instructions.
Important tips for Online Application:
❏ Available in Spanish.
❏ Legal Problem – Select Immigration and then DACA Applications or Renewals (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)
❏ Referral – Select Skagit Volunteer Lawyer Program at the conclusion of the application.
No additional call should be necessary prior to receiving scheduling requests for a Virtual Workshop.
Phone: Call or Text (360) 230-8031. Leave a message including your:
- City of residence,
- Total number of people living in your household,
- Preferred language to communicate, and
- Best time(s) to reach you.
VLP Staff or Volunteers will return your call to obtain additional information before scheduling a Virtual Workshop appointment. Interpreters are available.