Six Ways To Give

Community Action depends on the generous donations of individuals, corporations, and foundations to support the comprehensive and array of services helping the less fortunate people in this community. Your donations make a difference in the lives of people living in Skagit County - helping families, the elderly and disabled, veterans, and other under-served populations move out of poverty and on to prosperity.

Here are some ways you can contribute:

1. Financial Donations: Private donors are the heartbeat of our organization. Gifts are distributed to individuals and families in need through programs and education.

  • Make check payable to Community Action and send to 330 Pacific Place, Mount Vernon, WA 98273.
  • Make a secure on-line donation click here!
  • Monthly giving provides continued support to services all year long. To set up a secure monthly giving plan, click here!


2. Company Match and payroll deduction: Many employers offer matches and/or payroll deductions when their employees make a financial contribution to a nonprofit. Our tax ID number is 91-1140086. For more information, contact your Human Resources or Financial Manager at your place of work.

  • Federal Employees: Community Action is a member of the Combined Federal Campaign; our member number is:
    • King County/North Puget Sound: 50992
    • Island County: 42021
  • Give through the United Way campaign: you can dedicate your payroll deductions to benefit Community Action!
    • United Way of Skagit County
    • United Way of King County


3. Endowment Giving: Community Action has three endowments through the Skagit Community Foundation. For more information, please contact Susan Lange at 360-588-5737.

  1. Mr. and Mrs. Mark Oliver Endowment (providing home modifications and chore services to seniors)
  2. Providing Poverty Solutions in Skagit County Endowment (general operations)
  3. Mountain of Hope Endowment Fund (critical needs)


4. Donating Stock: Community Action can accept donated stock options for a tax donation.  For more information on donating your stock, contact Susan Lange at 360-588-5737.


5. In-Kind Donations: Donations of goods and services are a great way to support families who are often lacking the basic necessities to live. For more information on in-kind donations, contact Susan Lange at 360-588-5737.

6. Shop and benefit Community Action: