Community Action of Skagit County assists low-income people with accessing basic needs items such as personal hygiene, toiletries, food and clothing. We also assist with transportation needs such as local bus passes or, in some cases, a gas voucher.
Whenever possible we will refer you to places like food or clothing banks, hot meal programs, or Medicaid transportation because those programs can assist you throughout the year. We can also help you apply for Basic Food (Food Stamps or SNAP).
To qualify for Critical Needs your household income before taxes must be lower than 150% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Gas vouchers are only for certain approved activities including scheduled medical appointments, transportation to/from a current job, day care providers, or a scheduled job interview. You must also have a valid driver’s license
- Clothes vouchers are issued only for scheduled job interviews, work clothes for a new job, or homeless individuals who have few articles of clothing
- Food pantry items are available in emergency situations when the food bank can’t be accessed
- Shower passes are for the YMCA and are only available if you have a photo ID, address and are not a registered sex offender.
- We can only assist with one voucher per eligible household
Come in Monday thru Friday between 9 – 11:30 a.m. or 2-4 p.m. Be sure to bring information for all household members including income, benefits, and proof of any employment activity or your scheduled appointment.
We can often help you outside those hours if you call us in advance at (360) 416-7585.
Friendship House at (360) 336-2135 (men’s house) or (360) 336-2418 (women/family house).
Domestic Violence Hotline: 1 (800) 336-9591.