The William J. Shuler Family Development Center consists of 10 fully furnished shelter units ranging from studios to three-bedrooms, each with full kitchen and bathroom. There are also washers and dryers on site that are free to use for shelter families.
Community Action Housing Specialists work with each family to plan for the future, access resources, create a household budget and savings plan, and take the necessary first steps towards finding housing.
If you find your family homeless and in search of housing or temporary shelter contact:
Housing Resource Center
330 Pacific Place
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Host a Donation Drive
If you would like to do a donation drive, or if you have any new or gently used items on the wishlist that you would like to donate please contact Tracy at VolunteerCenter@CommunityActionSkagit.org.
- Comforters & Bedding (twin/full/queen)
- Pillows (New only)
- Cold weather clothing: coats & sweaters, shoes in larger sizes
- Store gift cards: (Target, Fred Meyer, Safeway, etc.), gas cards, bus tickets, haircut gift cards/certificates, Habitat for Humanity
- Cleaning supplies – hand soap, toilet paper, all-purpose cleaner, laundry detergent, brooms/dustpans, mops and buckets and garbage cans
- Bath towels and rugs, hand towels, and wash cloths
- Cribs or pack N plays, toddler beds with mattresses, crib sheets
- Baby/toddler feeding supplies – silverware, cups, sectioned plates
- Toiletries: feminine hygiene products, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, body wash, lotion, deodorant, diapers (newborn to size 7), pull-ups (all sizes), and wipes (please NO flushable wipes!)
- Shower curtains, liners and rods
- Baking sheets/pans, kitchen towels
- Drinking glasses, large and small
- Home décor: lamps, baskets, rugs, curtains (no sheers)
- TVs, DVD players